Friday, September 28, 2012

Poem: Autumn


"Yours is the day, Yours also is the night;
You have established the heavenly lights and the sun.
You have fixed all the boundaries of the earth; 
You have made summer and winter."
- Psalm 74:16-17


Autumn (Psalm 74:16-17)
By: Quina

Autumn comes
and I
     think
          I’m
               falling.
My
shadow stretches
depravity stalks me
groaning until this
Fall is lifted
and as I
through long nights
wait
I am struggling
wanting to take flight
away
from this chill
feeling I’m
dry and dying
but I
            can’t ignore these colors all around me
            orange, yellow, brown, red
            dead leaves
            remind me
            of Your determination of grace:
            the beautification of my mortification.
            Daily dying is not in vain.
And I know
Winter’s freeze has lost its sting
from its clutch I will thus Spring
to even brighter beams
of light and color
but
Autumn is when
You prepare me.

No comments:

Post a Comment