Saturday, November 3, 2012

Poems about Felicitous

6.30.12
Felicitous (on a Saturday afternoon)
I am hidden
somewhere in Tampa
phone in borrowed car 
with doors locked
and I'm 
in the corner 
of a coffee house
sipping dirty chai, iced
behind my Bible
plugged up by massive
headphones
and I 
feel a rush,
like I escaped
and am missing. 
Now, 
to meet with the 
all-seeing Eye...

11.3.12
As We Left Off
Dear Felicitous, 
Thanks for welcoming me
back 
to your corners
and crevices
where I feel 
hidden.
Feels
like I've much 
to share with you
3 or 4 months
is it? 
And much can
change in 
that many days!
But to sit in your 
dimly-lit gaze 
and bury my face
in pages
while sipping
your sweet 
drinks--
spiced chai latte, iced
this time--
this, 
this just seems 
right
and I refrain
from
my long explanation
of where, how, why
I've been 
gone for so long. 
We just 
embrace
and pick up
as we left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment