Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Double Back - "one man down, two men down..."

Here's a song that's talking about how we as the Body should be lifting our brothers and sisters up when they fall into sin. We should be fighting for each other in prayer, accountability, encouragement, rebuke, and sacrifice because of what our Savior did for us. 


Galatians 6:1-2: "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."

John 13:35: "By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

"All of us are sinners / None of us deserve grace / but praise God for the slain Lamb / crucified in our place / brutalized in our place / So I must go repair / If my brother ridin' on a flat / let me be the spare" - Flame

Double Back - Flame
By: Flame and This'l on Flame's new album Captured

2 comments:

  1. Yes it is! It moves me so much to experience Christ's grace through fellowship with the Body. I can think of an innumerable amount of times when brothers and sisters showed me so much grace and forgiveness when I've fallen, and even hurt them. Praise God for this reminder to fight for our brothers' and sisters' restoration and joy in Christ, especially when they have fallen into sin.

    ReplyDelete